Sweet Potato Corn Bread 3
- 1 large sweet potato (to make 2 cups pulp)
- 1/4 pound butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups finely ground white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sultana raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Bake or boil the sweet potato in its skin; when cool enough to handle, peel it
and puree the pulp.
- Mix together butter and pureed pulp.
- Beat eggs with sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, and add to the puree.
- Beat in yogurt, cornmeal and optional raisins and nut.
- Pour into a buttered 9-inch square
baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F until browned, 45 to 60 minutes.