Sweet Potato Cornbread
- 1 (6 ounce) package yellow cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes)
- Heat oven 400 degrees F. Coat 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with
nonstick cooking spray*.
- In bowl, combine cornbread mix, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in milk, egg and sweet potatoes, mixing until moistened but
- Transfer batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Yield: 12 squares | Cook Time: 20 min
* Or use the best - Recipe Goldmine's homemade
Recipe from: Holly Clegg, The Healthy Cooking Blog
Recipe and photo
credit: The Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission