This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 (30 ounce) package (12 rolls) frozen cinnamon roll dough (with icing)
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened pitted tart cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted, sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup granola (no dates or raisins)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Thaw dough according to package directions. Cut each roll into 4 pieces.
Arrange pieces about 1/2 inch apart on a greased 12-inch pizza pan or in a 15
x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Gently press pieces together to form a crust.
- Toss cherries with 1/4 cup powdered sugar; spoon over crust. Top with almonds
and granola. Cover; let rise in a warm place 1 hour.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till center is done, covering
with foil the last 10 minutes, if necessary.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing packets, remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar, milk and almond
extract; drizzle over bread.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.