- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 large tomatoes, diced and drained or
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 yellow or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup ripe olives, pitted and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned jalapenos
- Let dough completely thaw (to thaw in microwave, cook at 30% power for 3 to 4 minutes, based on a 900 watt microwave).
- Combine both loaves of dough together.
- Grease a 17 x 11 inch baking sheet. Roll out thawed dough on a lightly floured surface to a 17 x 11 inch rectangle. If dough shrinks back after rolling, let rest for 5 minutes, then continue rolling.
- Place dough in pan, pressing dough to corners.
- Brush dough with olive oil, evenly top with spices, sprinkle with tomato, bell peppers, onion, olives and chiles.
- Let dough rise until puffy (30 minutes in a warm area).
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and pan to cool on a wire rack.