- 1 1/4 cups scalded milk
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 or 2 packages yeast
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- About 4 cups flour
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Dissolve shortening in milk; add sugar and salt. Let cool.
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Beat eggs and add milk-sugar mixture; stir.
- Pour yeast into mixture, add flour and knead. Cover.
- When raised, knead again.
- When ready to fry, pull off pieces, shape in flat, oblong pieces and fry
in hot shortening until brown.
- Serve with pinto beans or honey and butter.