This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Gorgonzola and Sweet Onion Flatbread
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet onions
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Unroll dough and place in pan. Starting at center, press dough to edges
of pan. Brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cut onions in half and slice thinly. Cook onions in 1/4 cup olive oil in
a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often until soft and translucent
(about 15 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Spread onions and cheese over crust.
- Return crust to oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes until toppings are lightly
- Cut into small squares and serve.
Makes 24 servings.