Green Onion Flat Bread
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large scallions, sliced
- 1 (1/4-inch) slice fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Peanut Oil
- In food processor, combine flour and 3/4 salt. While machine is running,
pour in water. Continue mixing for 40 seconds. Transfer dough to plastic bag
and seal tightly. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté scallions and ginger until
- Turn dough onto well floured surface. Roll into a 16 x 14-inch rectangle.
Spread scallion mixture evenly over dough. Roll up jellyroll fashion. Cut into
14 (1-inch) slices. Flatten each slice on well floured surface. Flour the slices
well. Roll each slice between wax paper to 5-inch circle.
- Pour remaining oil into large saucepan to depth of 1 inch. Heat to high.
Add 1 circle of dough and fry until crisp, about 40 seconds per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.