Green Onion Flat Bread
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large scallions, sliced
- 1 (1/4 inch) slice fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Peanut Oil
- In food processor, combine flour and 3/4 salt. While machine is running, pour in water. Continue mixing for 40 seconds. Transfer dough to plastic bag and seal tightly. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté scallions and ginger until tender. Cool.
- Turn dough onto well floured surface. Roll into a 16 x 14 inch rectangle. Spread scallion mixture evenly over dough. Roll up jellyroll fashion. Cut into 14 (1 inch) slices. Flatten each slice on well floured surface. Flour the slices well. Roll each slice between wax paper to a 5 inch circle.
- Pour remaining oil into large saucepan to depth of 1 inch. Heat to high. Add 1 circle of dough and fry until crisp, about 40 seconds per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.