Olive and Rosemary Focaccia
Yield: 6 to 8 large wedges
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup kalamata (Greek) olives or ripe olives, pitted
- Fifteen minutes before baking, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 12-inch round pizza pan or large flat baking sheet.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12-inch circle. Spread dough to rim of pizza pan or place on greased baking sheet. Brush dough with olive oil. Prick entire surface of dough with fork. Sprinkle with rosemary. Top evenly with olives, if using. Let dough rise in warm area until puffy.
- Press olives back into dough and bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- To use for sandwich, cut into 6 to 8 wedges. Using sharp serrated knife,
cut each wedge in half horizontally.