Tomato Feta Pan Bread
This is delicious soft bread, excellent served with grilled meat and vegetables.
Yield: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup non-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups reduced fat biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (optional)
- 4 ounces Feta cheese (about 1 cup), crumbled
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, oregano, and garlic salt; set aside.
- Stir milk into biscuit mix; turn dough out on floured surface and knead lightly (10 to 15 times).
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Spread with sour cream mixture.
- Peel tomatoes, if desired. Thinly slice tomatoes and arrange on top sour cream.
- Slice optional onion into rings, separate rings and place on tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
- Wrap leftovers and refrigerate. Reheat by placing on baking sheet in 400 degrees F oven for 10 to 20 minutes.