Apple Praline Monkey Bread
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 (11.3 ounce) packages refrigerated dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Microwave butter on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar;
pour mixture into bottom of a Bundt or fluted pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle
half of pecans over brown sugar mixture.
- Slice dinner rolls in half crosswise.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; roll dinner rolls in sugar mixture
until evenly coated. Arrange half of the dinner rolls over bottom of pan. Sprinkle
remaining pecans over rolls.
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apple slices into quarters. Sprinkle apples
over dinner rolls in pan. Arrange remaining dinner rolls over apples. Bake for
35 to 38 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; carefully invert onto cooling rack to remove bread. let
stand 1 minute before removing pan. Cool slightly.
- To serve, pull apart or slice using serrated bread knife.
Yield: 12 servings