Banana Bread Monkey Bread
Slices of banana mixed into an ooey-gooey monkey bread make a delightful twist
on classic banana bread the kiddos will love.
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 (16.3 ounce) cans Pillsbury™ Grands!™
Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
Arrange 1 1/2 bananas, sliced, in bottom of pan.
- Separate 2 cans Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated
biscuits into 16 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In large bowl or on platter, stir together 1 cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons
ground cinnamon. Roll biscuit pieces in sugar mixture; arrange evenly over bananas
in pan. Top with remaining 1 1/2 bananas, sliced.
- In medium microwavable bowl or dish, microwave 1 cup butter on high until melted.
Add 1/2 cup of the leftover sugar/cinnamon mixture and 1/2 cup packed light brown
sugar; beat with whisk until combined. Pour mixture evenly over biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Place large platter or plate upside down over pan; turn platter and pan over.
20 min prep time
55 min total time
Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips when you layer the biscuits in the pan for a chocolate-banana
bread monkey bread!
Make sure to coat the pan well with cooking spray so the bread can be easily
Reprinted with permission from