Blueberry Cream Cheese Pull Apart
The flavors of blueberries and cream cheese combine to make this delectable recipe
perfect for dessert or breakfast.
- 10 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 6 ounces cream cheese,
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Cut rolls in half and place cut side down in a sprayed 9-inch round baking
pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap, brush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Combine softened cream cheese, egg, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice
and spread over rolls.
- Combine brown sugar, remaining white sugar and lemon zest and sprinkle over
cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap again and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap, place pan on a baking sheet to catch drips and bake at 350
degrees F 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil to prevent over browning and bake an additional 7-9 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over rolls.
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 30 min
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.