Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Loaf
One of the most popular flavor combinations on earth, in a perfectly pullable
package! Bacon-Cheddar Pull Bread combines sizzling bacon, melted cheese, zingy
green onion, and savory butter with chewy bread in an appetizer that will knock
the socks off your friends and family. Quick and easy to toss together, Bacon-Cheddar
Pull Bread is a total winner!
- 1 loaf round sourdough bread
- 16 ounces (4 cups) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut loaf with a sharp, serrated knife in 1-inch slices being careful not
to slice all the way through the bottom of the bread. Turn loaf 90 degrees then
cut in 1-inch slices going the other direction.
- Place loaf on a large sheet of buttered foil.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon and green onions on top, getting in between cracks.
- Drizzle or brush butter over loaf then wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully open foil then bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is fully
Reprinted with permission from
the American Butter Institute.