Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Monkey Bread
A spicy jalapeño popper monkey bread filled with cream cheese and topped with
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 3/4 cup canned sliced jalapeño chiles, drained
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking
- Unroll each can of dough into 1 large rectangle; if using crescent roll dough,
press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 rows by 3 rows, to make 24
pieces per rectangle (48 pieces of dough total).
- Place chile slice on center of dough piece; top with about 1/2 teaspoon cream
cheese. Pull corners up, and pinch to seal; roll into a ball.
- Holding seam side down, brush top and sides with butter.
- Roll in cornmeal, and place seam side down in pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Drizzle remaining butter on top.
- Bake for 23 to 27 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Cool for 1 minute.
- Serve warm.
prep time 45 min | servings 8
Don’t have a cast-iron skillet? Bake in a 9- or 8-inch glass baking dish for 25 to
30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
A pizza cutter works great to cut the dough into pieces super-fast!
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pullapart and Monkey Bread Recipes