Lemon Cream Cheese Pull Aparts
Fresh lemons make these pull aparts a flavorful dessert everyone will love.
- 24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 cup sugar
- zest from 2 large lemons
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut 8 of the rolls into 4 equal pieces each and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and lemon zest.
- Dip each piece of dough into melted butter and then into sugar zest mixture.
- Place in the bottom of a well sprayed Bundt pan.
- Combine filling ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour half of the filling
mixture over the rolls in the Bundt pan.
- Repeat above process with 8 more rolls.
- Cut last 8 rolls and dip in butter and sugar zest mixture. Layer on top.
- If you have any sugar zest mixture left, sprinkle on top of rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until about one inch below the top
of the Bundt pan.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes. Cover with foil last
20 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Remove from oven and invert immediately onto serving platter.
- While Bundt is baking, prepare the topping. Combine lemon juice and sugar
in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg until well blended. While stirring the egg,
slowly add the hot lemon mixture to the egg so the egg does not cook. Pour the
mixture back into the sauce pan and bring back to a boil. Stir constantly until
mixture begins to thicken.
- Let cool and drizzle over warm Bundt.
Servings: 12 | Prep Time: 30-45 mins | Bake Time: 50 mins