Pockets of cream cheese await inside this sugar-crusted pull-apart bread.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (we used 1869 brand)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 20 squares
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Separate biscuit dough into individual biscuits; gently separate individual biscuits
- Place a cream cheese square between the 2 halves and pinch sides to seal each
back together. Dip into butter and dredge in reserved sugar mixture.
- Stand biscuits on edge in a lightly greased 12-cup Bundt pan, spacing evenly.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice; stir well.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
- Serve immediately.
Yields one 10-inch coffee cake.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 8:29:42 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pullapart and Monkey Bread Recipes