- 6 cups flour
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 bottle (1 ounce size) lemon flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 bottle lemon flavoring
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Mix all biscuit ingredients until smooth. The dough should not be sticky
(you may add up to 1/2 cup flour if it is). Roll it into cigar-size pieces,
using your palms, then knot or twist them.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheets at 325 degrees F for about 15 minutes
(biscuits should not brown or crack).
- Frosting: Mix to glaze consistency, adding more milk if necessary. Dip in
biscuits with fork. Allow to dry.
Makes 8 to 10 dozen.