Melt in Your Mouth Strawberry-Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 3 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Granulated sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir Bisquick mix, orange peel and orange juice until soft dough forms;
beat vigorously 30 seconds.
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick mix
- Shape into a ball; knead 10 times. Roll 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cutter dipped in Bisquick mix.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Stir together cream cheese and preserves.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture onto center of each dough circle.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Makes 15 biscuits
Substitution: Use whatever flavor preserves you desire.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Not recommended
Nutritional Info per 1 biscuit: Calories 135 (Calories from Fat 45); Fat
5 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 360 mg; Potassium 60 mg; Carbohydrate
20 g (Dietary Fiber 0 g); Protein 2 g
Diet Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fat