Savory Applesauce Biscuits
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in the
- Combine the egg, applesauce and sour cream; mix quickly with the dry ingredients.
Turn out onto a floured surface; knead lightly then roll out dough to 1/2-inch
- Cut into 2-inch biscuits and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese
over the biscuits and bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yields 18 biscuits.