Seeded Onion Biscuits
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon sesame or sunflower seeds or 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy or caraway seeds
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Set aside 1/2 cup onions for topping.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and butter in mixing bowl. Beat until
the mixture has a fine, crumbly texture.
- Lightly beat in 1/2-cup onions and enough milk (1/2 cup, more or less) to
make a soft dough. Do not over-beat or the biscuits will become tough.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board and gently pat into 7-inch square.
Cut into 9 equal squares.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped onion and choice of seeds. Transfer
to baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes or until done.
Yield: 9 biscuits
For best results, eat fresh and hot from the oven.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Onion Association
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscuit Recipes