Sugar Cube Orange Biscuits
- 2 cups sifted self-rising flour
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk (or more)
- 18 to 20 small sugar cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Measure flour into a mixing bowl. Add orange rind. With a pastry blender
or fork and knife, cut the shortening into flour until the texture resembles
coarse meal. Add enough milk to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface
and lightly knead until smooth. Pat or roll the dough to a thickness of 1/2
inch. Cut with a lightly floured 2-inch biscuit cutter and place rounds on an
ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip the sugar cubes thoroughly in the orange juice and press a cube into
the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until brown.
- Serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscuit Recipes