Zucchini Pecan Biscuits
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray two cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar, eggs and orange
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Stir into
the wet mixture. Stir in zucchini, pecans and orange zest. Drop dough by teaspoonsful
onto cookie sheets.
- Bake until biscuits begin to brown at the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.