Almond Muffins with Raspberry Centers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 42 whole blanched almonds, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 14 muffin cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Add milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract and almond extract; stir just
until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill prepared tins 1/2 full. Spoon 1 teaspoon preserves into center of
- Top with remaining batter, filling tins 3/4 full.
- Top each muffin with 3 whole almonds; lightly press into batter.
- Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans.
* To toast almonds, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 375 degrees F for 5 to
10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.