Almond Muffins with Raspberry Centers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 42 whole blanched almonds, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 14 muffin cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Add milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract and almond extract; stir just
until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill prepared tins 1/2 full. Spoon 1 teaspoon preserves into center of
- Top with remaining batter, filling tins 3/4 full.
- Top each muffin with 3 whole almonds; lightly press into batter.
- Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans.
* To toast almonds, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 375 degrees F for 5 to
10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes