Apple, Cinnamon and Raisin Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 medium size (about 6 ounces) tart green skinned apples (Granny Smith or Newton), peeled, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 24 tiny (about 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter) muffin pans.
- In a small bowl mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In another bowl combine egg, apple juice, oil, apple and raisins. Beat to mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until batter is evenly moistened.
- Spoon batter equally into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake in until well browned (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from pans and serve warm or cool.
If made ahead, let cool completely on racks; then package airtight and hold at room temperature until next day. Or freeze for longer storage.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine 9/10/2001 4:57 am.