Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup grated Braeburn or Golden Delicious apple
- 1 container (8-ounce) low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 24 3-inch muffin pan cups or line with paper
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, the baking powder, salt, orange zest,
and nutmeg. With pastry blender or fork, cut in 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter until
mixture is crumbly.
- In medium bowl combine apple, yogurt, and eggs; add to flour mixture, stirring
until just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes
or until centers spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool until able to handle.
Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 stick butter. In small bowl, combine remaining 3/4
cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- To serve. brush tops of muffins with butter and roll top in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Yield: 24 muffins
Nutrition information per muffin: protein: 3g; fat: 10g; carbohydrate: 29g;
fiber: .6g; sodium: 230mg; cholesterol: 44mg; calories: 217
Posted by Joyce'S at Recipe Goldmine 9/27/2001 6:52 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes