This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Apple Pie Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped apricots or prunes (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cream brown sugar and butter. Add vanilla extract, egg and buttermilk or sour
cream. Mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry and sprinkle with diced apples, raisins
and apricots or prunes if using. Stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Mix first four topping ingredients, drizzle butter over and toss with a fork.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tin, filling only 3/4 full. Sprinkle on topping.
Or stir topping ingredients into batter until just barely blended in and spoon batter
into muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
Makes 18 to 24 muffins.