- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup unprocessed oat bran
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg whites and next 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just
until moistened. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top of muffin batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Yield: 16 muffins
To freeze, place muffins in an airtight container; freeze.
To reheat frozen muffins, microwave 1 muffin at HIGH for 35 to 40 seconds; 2
muffins at HIGH for 1 minute to 1 minute and 10 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes