- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup unprocessed oat bran
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg whites and next 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just
until moistened. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top of muffin batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Yield: 16 muffins
To freeze, place muffins in an airtight container; freeze.
To reheat frozen muffins, microwave 1 muffin at HIGH for 35 to 40 seconds; 2
muffins at HIGH for 1 minute to 1 minute and 10 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.