- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled and cored apple
- 1/2 cup diced figs
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted and skinned hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk, beaten eggs and melted butter. Mix together gently until the batter is just moistened.
- Add the fruit, hazelnuts, and sugars and mix just enough to evenly mix. Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the muffins rise and are golden brown.