This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Banana Brickle Muffins
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 to 3 medium-size bananas)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package toffee brickle bits, divided (1 1/2 cups total)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 18 muffin cups, or line them with
paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, banana, oil and milk. Mix well. Add flour, brown
sugar and baking powder, stirring just until moistened. Set aside 1/4 cup of the
toffee bits; stir remaining toffee bits into the batter.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle with the reserved toffee
bits and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center
of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove
muffins and cool completely on the wire rack.
Yield: 18 muffins