Banana Nut Butterscotch Muffins
- 1 cup quick oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch mini chips
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin tins.
- In a food processor, puree oatmeal and sugar until fine; place in mixing bowl
with remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts.
- Puree peeled bananas. Stir together pureed bananas and remaining ingredients.
Add to dry mix, stirring by hand just to blend.
- Fill prepared muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
Yield: 1 dozen
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.