Banana Split Muffins
- 2 (7.6 ounce) package banana nut muffin mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, drained maraschino cherries (or substitute chopped dried cherries)
- 1 (6 ounce) package (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups; spray
paper cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine muffin mix, cherries and 3/4 cup chocolate chips; mix
- Add 1 1/4 cups milk; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into sprayed, lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan; place on wire rack.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips in 1 tablespoon milk in microwave or saucepan;
stir until smooth. Drizzle over muffins.
Yield: 12 muffins
Source: Martha White Kitchens