- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, combine water, vanilla extract and oil.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, stir well.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. Spoon 2 tablespoon batter into each cup.
- Combine the cream cheese, egg, sugar and chocolate chips. Spoon 1 tablespoon
filling in center of each cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until wooden pick comes out clean from the
batter portion of cake.
- Remove cupcakes from pan. Cool on rack immediately.
Makes 16 cupcakes.