Black Walnut Banana Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2/3 cup black walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, and eggs; mix well.
- Add margarine.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Add buttermilk and black walnuts. Mix until just moistened.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.