- 1 cup bran
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the bran, milk, egg, and butter together in a bowl and let stand 10 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add this to the moist
mixture and stir until flour is damp. You can add raisins to the mixture.
- Spoon into a buttered 12-muffin tin, filling cups 2/3 full, and bake 20 to 25
minutes, or until brown.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 1/15/2002 4:32 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.