Butterscotch Banana Nut Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 18 regular size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in pecans and butterscotch chips.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition per serving: 197 calories, 12 g fat, 20 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein, 43 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium