Cherry Crowned Gems
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (10-ounce) jar (or 24) maraschino cherries with stems
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can pears in heavy syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Granulated sugar for garnish, optional
- Sliced almonds for garnish, optional
- Drain maraschino cherries. Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Drain pears and finely chop. Put chopped pears on paper towels to remove
excess moisture. Set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, butter, egg and almond extract in a mixing bowl;
beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Fold in drained chopped pears and 1/3 cup almonds.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into 24 paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place a drained maraschino cherry on top of each muffin.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 27 minutes, or until light golden
brown on the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pans.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Garnish each with a sliced almond, if desired.
- Store in a single layer in an airtight container.
Yield: 24 mini-muffins
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Cherry Growers Foundation
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes