- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup yogurt (regular, low-fat, or nonfat)
- 1/3 cup white rum or golden rum (do not use dark rum)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt until
well blended; set aside.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk the eggs; then whisk in the melted butter, yogurt,
rum, lime juice, and lime zest until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour
mixture until moistened.
- Spoon batter into well greased muffin cups to 3/4 full. Dust the tops of the
unbaked muffins with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar-should be just a light coating
- Bake in a 400 degrees F oven for 23 minutes or until muffins have rounded, lightly
browned, cracked tops and pick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently rock each muffin back
and forth to release it. Remove muffins from the pan and cool for 5 minutes on wire
- To store - cool completely and seal in airtight container or in freezer-safe
Cosmopolitan Muffins: substitute vodka for the rum; reduce the lime juice to
1/4 cup; add 1 1/2 tablespoon frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed, with the
remaining lime juice.
Apple Daiquiri Muffins: substitute spiced rum for the white or gold rum; add
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon with the salt; stir 3/4 cup chopped dried apple into
the batter just before adding the dry ingredients.
12 -18 muffins
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes