Debbi's Deadly Chocolate Muffins
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil the top surface of a 12-cup muffin tin.
Line the cups with paper liners.
- In a double boiler, melt the chopped semisweet chocolate with the butter and
stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- In a small bowl,
whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl with an electric
mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until light and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the chocolate mixture and the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and 1 cup
of the semisweet chocolate chips. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin
cups. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup semisweet chips, the macadamia nuts and the
white chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Put the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins to cool completely.
Yield: 12 muffins
Posted by liz at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes