Doughnut Muffins 2
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and salt
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Cinnamon sugar (1 cup sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon)
- Jelly (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat regular size (2 1/2-inch) muffin cups with nonstick
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well
- In a small bowl or 2 cup measure, whisk yogurt and milk until blended.
- Put butter (2 sticks and 2 tablespoons) in a large bowl. Beat with mixer on medium
- Gradually add sugar and beat 5 minutes or until lighter, fluffy and
doubled in volume.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time until just blended, scraping sides of
bowl after each addition.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in 1/3 of the flour, the 1/2 the yogurt mixture.
Fold 1/2 the remaining flour, remaining yogurt, then remaining flour until well
- Scrape a scant 1/3 cup into each prepared muffin pan. If filling with jelly,
add 1/2 the 1/3 cup, add a teaspoon of jelly and then add the remaining batter to cover.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Place on wire rack until just cool enough to
handle, then remove muffins from pan to rack.
- One at a time, lightly brush entire muffin with butter, then roll in cinnamon
sugar to coat. Return to rack and cool completely.
I used powdered sugar on some and did not brush with the butter first.
You can also make a glaze and glaze them. Let your imagination run wild to create
your own doughnuts!
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 11/24/2001 9:48 am.
Source: Woman's Day magazine
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes