Fudge Filled Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts without skins (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F; prepare pans.
- In a small saucepan (or microwave) heat chocolate chips and butter until melted,
stirring constantly; remove from heat and reserve.
- In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In an other bowl
stir together milk, peanut butter, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add dry mix to wet mix until just combined.
- Spoon half of batter into pans.
- Divide chocolate mixture among muffins, a scant teaspoon per pan; do not let
filling touch sides of pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with chopped peanuts if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 9 muffins.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/16/2001 9:49 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes