- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup boiling water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg, applesauce, oil, molasses and sugar, mixing well.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl; add to egg mixture.
- Stir in water, mixing well.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full, then sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins test done.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes