Grand Marnier Cranberry Nut Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier liqueur
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup chopped cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 4 egg whites
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the orange juice, Grand Marnier, and the oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy. Combine the juice mixture
with the beaten egg whites.
- Add the egg mixture and the cranberries to the flour
mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, divide the batter among
24 muffin cups that have been lined with paper cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.