Homemade Corn Muffins
While I was shopping at a fruit stand up in the North Carolina Mountains last
year, I met a person who told me her favorite thing to bake was her Mom's corn
muffins. I had been searching for the perfect corn muffin so I offered her my Tiramisu
recipe in trade. She copied down my recipe and I ended up with the best ever corn
muffin recipe. They are AWESOME!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease nine 3 x 1 1/2-inch muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add butter and mix till crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and egg. Fold liquid mixture into flour mixture.
Spoon evenly into muffin tins, fill to top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cake tester comes up clean.
Yield: 9 muffins
Posted by Cookin'Mom at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes