Jumbo Cherry Almond Muffins
with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract Topping:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped sliced almonds
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves, warmed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg, sour cream and extract until smooth; stir into dry ingredients
just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in almonds: set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups half full with batter.
- Divide cream cheese filling and preserves evenly between muffin cups; swirl gently.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yield: 7 jumbo muffins or 14 regular muffins
If using regular-size muffin cups, bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes