Just Peachy Almond Muffins
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- Chop peaches; drain and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda and sugar in mixing bowl. Make a well in center
of dry ingredients; add eggs and oil, then stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add peaches and remaining ingredients and stir until blended.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes for 6 large muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes for 12 regular-size muffins or bake for 18 minutes for
36 miniature muffins.