Kitchen Sink Muffins
- 11 ounces diced dried apricots
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, grated
- 1 1/3 cups walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups coconut, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups honey
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Soak apricots in water for 30 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Drain apricots and add to dry ingredients with carrots, apple, walnuts and coconut.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil, extract and honey until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add the egg mixture, beating slowly until well
- Spray large muffin tins and fill to top.
- For topping, combine butter, walnuts, 1 cup flour and brown sugar. Rub together
with hands until a mealy mixture is formed. Sprinkle over top of muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes and remove from pan.
Makes 20 large muffins.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes