- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Grated zest from 1 lemon (reserve lemon for glaze)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Spray 12-cup muffin tin with Pam.
- In mixer, cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add zest and eggs; beat until fluffy.
- On lowest speed on blender, stir in baking soda and 1-cup of the flour - mix for
a few seconds, then stir in buttermilk and let mix for approximately 10 seconds.
- Add remainder of flour. Beat on medium speed for a few seconds until well blended,
but do not over-beat.
- Divide mixture into baking tin and bake at 350 degrees F for
20-25 minutes; until light golden brown.
- Let cool for approximately 10 minutes, then combine glaze ingredients, and brush
over muffins with pastry brush.
- Cool for 10 minutes, loosen and serve.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/7/01 9:28:00 pm.