- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat lemon yogurt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine margarine, lemon rind, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, eggs and yogurt.
Stir well with a whisk.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray and pour mixture in.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small
saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for two minutes or until slightly thick.
- Brush muffins with lemon glaze.
181 calories; 4.3 fat grams