Lemon Muffins 2
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup margarine (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together the egg yolks, margarine, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor
using a plastic blade.
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the liquid ingredients, then fold in the egg whites.
- Fill lightly greased muffin tins to 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes or until
muffins test done when a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes approximately 2 dozen muffins.