Lemon Yogurt Muffins
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (yellow part of rind only)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat lemon yogurt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, water, lemon rind and juice in a small saucepan and bring
to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt
and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs and lemon
yogurt and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir just until
moistened. Do not over-mix. (Over-mixing will toughen the muffins.)
- Spray 12 muffin-tin cups with cooking spray. Fill cups with batter. Sprinkle
1/4 teaspoon sugar on each muffin. Bake for about 17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the lemon syrup over muffins while still warm.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon syrup over each muffin; when you've done them all, start
over. This will give the syrup a chance to be absorbed rather than all running down
the sides which it will do.
- Leave the muffins in the pan until cool or until all of the syrup has been absorbed.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional information per muffin: 183 calories, 4 grams fat, 40 milligrams
cholesterol, 89 milligrams sodium, 33 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams protein, 1 gram
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes